Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-40V5810 keeps turning itself off and on, help?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ads2346
Visitor

Bravia KDL-40V5810 keeps turning itself off and on, help?

Basically my TV is only 5 months old and i am having a problem where it turns itself off and back on after.

if it doesn't turn itself back on it stays off and the standby light flashes red

no timer is on and all eco settings are off, i cant work out what's wrong and can't find many people with similar problems to help out.

i'm out of the return period of 90 days

but obviously still in my 5 year warranty.

where does this put me? very annoyed about this seen as i haven't had the tv that long!! can't believe it has broken already!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the stanby light is flashing red then this indicates that the TV's self  diagnosis mode has been activated.

If John Lewis are unable to assist then I suggest you contact your local  authorised Sony service centre and inform the them of the sequence that  the Standby light flashes. Use the following link to find your  nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Try manu-settings-set up-reset all.....after that auto start up....see if get better, if not servis in warranty.

Regards

Damac

profile.country.en_GB.title
jtung74
Visitor

Hi I hope your problem is now resolved?

I am havnig the same problem now. Mine is a 46'' which I bought late last year from John Lewis. I am going to pop in and see what they can do. Will keep you updated.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the stanby light is flashing red then this indicates that the TV's self  diagnosis mode has been activated.

If John Lewis are unable to assist then I suggest you contact your local  authorised Sony service centre and inform the them of the sequence that  the Standby light flashes. Use the following link to find your  nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

My Sony Bravia is only a week old and it's doing the same thing.  Turning off and then back on by itself.  AND THIS IS THE SECOND ONE.  THE FIRST ONE I BOUGHT WAS DOING IT, I RETURNED IT FOR ANOTHER AND IT'S DOING IT ALSO.  SONY HAS AN OFF/ON PROBLEM BASED ON ALL THE COMMENTS OF THE SAME THING AND THEIR INGNORING IT.  RETURN IT QUICK LIKE I DID AND AM ABOUT TO DO AGAIN.