Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-42W705 - Netflix only works if TV is factory reset each time.

Droverunner

Bravia KDL-42W705 - Netflix only works if TV is factory reset each time.

Bought TV new in Jan '15 and everything about it has been great until a couple of weeks ago. Now Netflix will randomly stop working and only comes back with a full TV factory reset. Sometimes it will work throughout a day then need a reset to work the following day. Sometimes you only need to come out of Netflix for a moment and it will not work if you go back in minutes later.

It will always come back for a full TV factory reset but that's an absolute pain.

The TV is networked to our BT Home Hub via wi-fi and Youtube etc still works OK so I assume the wi-fi is OK.

We have a Youview PVR connected to the TV via the same home hub and Netflix works fine on this playing to the TV via HDMI... but that's not the point as it's a feature of the TV we want to work without additional equipment.

The TV has the latest firmware.

My problem seems different to most Netflix issues on this site as the usual complaint is it just doesn't work at all. Any thoughts appreciated.

72 REPLIES 72
ski1515
New

I have the same issue. Brought 32 inch model, Netflix worked once for my son then the ui 133 code came up every time. Sony this is very poor, Netflix is a main selling point. All other apps work fine, and netflix works on other devices off the same network hub. I have just decided to use Amazon Prime instead. All round poor show that Sony did not try out Netflix app before upgrade was issued to users

profile.country.GB.title
darrensony
Explorer

I had this problem on my new KD-43X8307C and BT Hub 5. I solved it by turning off BT parental controls and more importantly I used port forwarding as detailed in this page 

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub/Netflix.htm

Cicero46

Going back to the original problem, with KDL-42W705, and several months later...  Sony still haven't released a new software version. I decided to get a BTHub 5 to replace my BTHub 3 for other reasons and it all worked perfectly immediately (using a wifi connection). As everyone commented, Sony Technical support has been dreadful.

So the conclusion is that Hub4 and Hub5 both work with Netflix and this model TV. I guess that most BT Hub 3 customers are using BT TV for Netflix (which has always worked for me) and therefore it hasn't been much of a problem for BT. But my wife preferred just to press the Netflix button on the TV remote, which bypassed BT TV, and was very cross for more than six months that it didn't work. So getting a Hub5 sorted her out!