Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-46EX503 missing BBC iPlayer, Five OD, LoveFilm and more

profile.country.en_GB.title
mchatter
Visitor

Bravia KDL-46EX503 missing BBC iPlayer, Five OD, LoveFilm and more

My Bravia has lost the BBC iPlayer, Five OD LoveFilm and other services whilst gaining new items like Wired and Epicurious. Picasa has also gone AWOL.  The software version is PKG4.105EUL-108.  Can anyone help... Please?!?

14 REPLIES 14
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Looks like you update the firmware recently

There are two steps recommended after the updating

1- reset your TV to factory default

2- update internet content from menu

did you change your region in the TV start up setting?

mchatter
Visitor

Thanks for the reply  I've tried refeshing the internet content from the menu with no luck.  I haven't changed the region and cannot find where to access it in the menu to check what it is currently set to! Could you let me know how to do this before I try the final option of reseting to factory defaults...  Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Couple of assumptions

Assuming you are in the Uk right.

You have the latest firmware.

You haven't got any wierd and wonderful proxies running on your router or similar.

Instructions on a factory reset are in the FAQ on the main page - factory reset isn't as bad as it sounds, it just takes the settings back to the out of the box settings so it will force it to re-establish the IP connection and hopefully this time pickup the correct one.

I'd power cycle your device as well, by leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes or so.

thanks

footballmadmax
Visitor

Ive got exactly the same problem with mineand its the same model could it be anything to do with the digital switchover

When i go into the internet manual all  i get is a synbol to go to internet videos whereas before there was a list  to scroll down

Im not quiete sure whats gone wrong isdoing a factory reset the only way to resolve the problem

mchatter
Visitor

I haven't lost all of the video services, just the ones listed in the title (and maybe some more that I didn't notice!)  I'm going to try a factory reset and will post the results...

footballmadmax
Visitor

How do youreset the tv to the factory default settingsand was yours a success

mchatter
Visitor

I've done a factory reset and when I try to Refresh Internet Content it fails with the following message:-  Configuration failed while acquiring internet content  0  Please try again later  Yikes!

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hmmm, are your internet connection fine?

Try delete the network setting and setup a new network connection thru the menu

Keep in touch

footballmadmax
Visitor

I get a message to call sony with (5006)which is probaly the error code when i do a refresh the connection its quiete confusing why there is no content anymore