Join now - be part of our community!

dvd connection

lincsman123
Explorer

dvd connection

ive just bought a sony kdl46w905,and no matter how many times ive tried following the guides,when i try connecting my blu ray player,there is no picture at all,its a phillips blu ray player,but that shouldnt make a difference. ive tried everything,checked the leads,made sure its all connected,but still no picture at all,help please!!!!!!!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
lincsman123
Explorer

tried again,blu ray plugged in and playing,screen says hdmi3           player1(philipsbdp)

but just a black screen,no picture.frustrating as hell,wanted to see how good a quality blu ray is

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What model bluray player?

Cheers

Edit: Im assuming that the bluray player is switched on, and you have selected HDMI 3 (as the input source) on the TV?

lincsman123
Explorer

phillips bdp3100

lincsman123
Explorer

ye,blu ray player playing,hdmi3 selected,no picture

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the following (ensure all devices are switched on)

• On the phillips remote, press the HOME button and then the numbers 731

• If that fails, turn all equipment off from the wall
  • Unplug the HDMI lead from the TV, and plug it into a different port (ie HDMI 1)
  • Turn TV on
  • Turn Bluray on
  • Ensure TV is on the correct HDMI channel (ie HDMI 1)

• If that fails, do you have another HDMI lead you can test with?

Cheers

lincsman123
Explorer

tried the 731,no joy.ive tried different hdmis and made sure ive chose correct source. surely it cant be a fault on the tv,ive checked the lead,it works fine,and checked the blu ray player with another tv,it works fine,dont tell me ive bought a tv with a fault!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmmm.

To rule out a fault (or confirm), I guess you will need to test another device on the HDMI port.  But its also worth testing another HDMI cable too, especially if its an older one (or a generic el-cheapo one) - as it could be a HDCP issue.

Other than that, Im unsure if I can assist any further to be honest.  Give the above ago, as im sure support will suggest the same thing

Hope you get it resolved anyhow.

lincsman123
Explorer

thanks anyway.