Join now - be part of our community!

Electric shock from KDL-42W705B edge around screen.

SOLVED
barfyfe

Electric shock from KDL-42W705B edge around screen.

I'm getting a small continuous shock from the edge of the screen, I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with any other Sony TV? It's only 1 month old and I don't know if it's always had the fault as I've only noticed it just over a week ago. It doesn't matter if it's plugged into the wall socket or a power bar, the fault is always there.
21 REPLIES 21
barfyfe

I'll definitely not be keeping this model as I just don't want my kids anywhere near it!

I just can't get my head around a company saying that a (however harmless) electrical shock coming from one of their appliances is okay, most people assume that any fault not in keeping with their expectations of a product should be addressed, personally this has sullied Sony's brand reputation with me. 

I will seriously reconsider any future purchase from their range.

I think the word flabbergasted is appropriate to the way I feel right now! 

Thanks very much for all your time and effort on my behalf to you and the other experts, you are first class, I wish I could say the same about Sony!

kalyan_adavi
Explorer

This is a world wide issue it seems. even in india we are facing the same issue. i recently brought 4K TV and it is also giving shock when tuching metal RIM and HDMI,Bluetooth ports.i paid a huge amount for getting shocks.

and latest android TV is having somany connectivity issues and 4K upscaling is a false promise.if you want to save you children from electric shock and if you dont want your children to die because of tuching your TV don't buy Sony TV