Join now - be part of our community!

help with audio

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
thebeardrustler
Visitor

help with audio

hi, i have a surround system for my BRAVIA KDL-32CX520 and sometimes have to use the internal speakers due to mine being bass heavy and everyone being in bed.

when i go to HOME then SOUND there is an option to switch between HEADPHONE/AUDIO OUT which toggles between the internal speakers and my surround ones. when i select this it comes up with a warning that i have to disconnect the headphones before changing this.

does anyone know why i have to disconnect them as its rather awkward to reach to unplug/plugin the lead.

could this somehow damage the tv?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello, and welcome to forum

Because the socket for headphone / audio out is a common socket, this warning comes on to protect your audio external system (not the tv) .If the volume is preset to very loud it could damage your ext. speakers (specially when the other setting of AUDIO OUT > FIXED).

Hope this help

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello, and welcome to forum

Because the socket for headphone / audio out is a common socket, this warning comes on to protect your audio external system (not the tv) .If the volume is preset to very loud it could damage your ext. speakers (specially when the other setting of AUDIO OUT > FIXED).

Hope this help