Join now - be part of our community!

How to add application from google play to my sony bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
anouar8380
Explorer

How to add application from google play to my sony bravia

Hello everyone,

I bought a Sony Bravia Smart Tv KDL43WE755BAEP after reading in its Technical sheet that it contains Google Play Store as App Store. Infact, that's was the only reason that push me to choose it between others models.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the app store. I found only youtube, netflix and some others naff applications.

So I decide to ask help here, maybe someone has an idea with an update or something like that ? but not this box NSZ-GS7 please ! beacause I think that I bought recent model, and I am not ready to pay about 400 dollars for this box ! in this case better new TV.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Please point out where did you see any technical sheet on that TV that state it has Google Play Store. It is completely false, you're tv like any other non 4K TV is not Android TV and as such cannot have google play store. If you want to add android-like functionalities to your tv you may want to buy a chromecast for few pounds

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Please point out where did you see any technical sheet on that TV that state it has Google Play Store. It is completely false, you're tv like any other non 4K TV is not Android TV and as such cannot have google play store. If you want to add android-like functionalities to your tv you may want to buy a chromecast for few pounds

profile.country.GB.title
anouar8380
Explorer

hi rooob,

thanks for your reply. You can see in this screenshot what i mean by supporting Google Play.

PrtScr capture.pngCan you advice by a good Google chromecast, I mean which version.

thx

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi is that a screenshot from a Sony site?!? If yes I'll be escalate it to them since it's false.

Regarding Chromecast you can stick with the standard one, since you don't have a 4K TV 

https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast_2015?hl=en-GB (this is for uk at 30£ but you may check your google store or even amazon for Germany) . Just keep in mind that Chromecast need an Android device to be commanded (smartphone or tablet)

profile.country.GB.title
anouar8380
Explorer

No, it isn't the official site of Sony. 

It is a one of the biggest e-commerce companies in germany.

This is a link of the product in its website : https://www.otto.de/p/sony-kdl40we665baep-led-fernseher-101-cm-40-zoll-full-hd-smart-tv-clear-phase-...

Anyway thanks again for help :slight_smile: