Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W653 TV iPlayer issues

SOLVED

KDL32W653 TV iPlayer issues

Whenever I try to watch something on iPlayer it runs OK for a little while and then goes blank.  Once this happens there seems to be no way of recovering it, I just have to turn off the TV and then turn it on again.

What's more, if I try to watch the same programme multiple times it seems to get a little further each time before blacking out again.  iPlayer works OK on my upstairs TV (also a Bravia but slightly older model) and also on laptops etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try going onto a BBC channel (ie BBC 1) and pressing the Red Button.  The BBC have launched a new service, called the Connected Red Button, and are currently trialing it for your model (as another option other than the app route)

More information : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joburdo
Explorer

Getting very similar problems for the last couple of weeks.

TV Model 32EX503
Software PKG4.117EUL-0108

I've done a factory reset and refreshed the internet content but still cutting out about 10 times in a one hour programme.

It's not the connection as all the other internet content is working fine e.g. 5 On Demand, YouTube.

Has some one done a software update at Sony or the BBC and not tested it very well?

Looking forward to an improvement!

Jayess51
New

I have recently purchased the same model and am having the same problem with BBC iplayer.  Have tried resetting to factory defaults and refreshing internet connection.  No improvement.  I also recently lost the BBC iplayer icon on applications and had to reset to factory defaults.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try going onto a BBC channel (ie BBC 1) and pressing the Red Button.  The BBC have launched a new service, called the Connected Red Button, and are currently trialing it for your model (as another option other than the app route)

More information : HERE

Cheers

Jayess51
New

Thank you this works sometimes so is better than nothing! Subtitles were missing from a program that did play but tried another and they were there? Iplayer app has disappeared again. It is a shame because this TV was more expensive than other models because of it's internet capabilties.