Join now - be part of our community!

LIP SYNC

alang498
Explorer

LIP SYNC

Compared to our old Bravia (KDL32W5810) I have noted lip sync problems with our new television (KDL32WD756) and also the changes between scenes on the screen seem to happen very fast.

Has anyone noticed similar ? 

27 REPLIES 27
xazaothx
Explorer

I got this TV July 2016.    The picture quality is fantastic - really pleased with it.    But I noticed the lip sync issues straight away.    Some people are more suspeptical to it than others.   I really notice it.

I'm running latest firmware,   No amp or soundbars.   Just the TV with inbuilt tuner and cable to aerial on roof.

I previously had a humax PVR but it didn't play well with the CEC on the Sony TV so I purchased another PVR.  This does have lip sync control,   but from all my testing it appears that this SONY TV lip sync issues are that the picture is before the sound.     The PVR lip sync control is to push the sound even furthur back.

Love the TV but the lip sync issue really annoys me.     Modern digital transmission and HDMI handshaking feels like a backwards step at times.

I reported this issue back in this thread here :  https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/wd75-32-quot-nightmare/m-p/2214279

disappointed that others have the same issue and yet nothing has been done.   The usual - have you done a reset or checked the cable type responses   😞

MrSkywalker
Explorer

Hey xazaothx, thanks for the response. I am sorry to hear you have also experienced the same issue!

I didn't receive any help from Sony other than the standard re-tune / reset, which very raely makes any difference. Realising this was never going to be resolved, I decided to return the TV to my retailer, as there was no way I could put up with the lip sync error. Other people might not notice, but it was definitely a problem on my set. It's a real shame as I thought the picture was atually quite good and the finish was better than competing manufacturers.

After returning the Sony 32WD756BU, I subsequently purchased a Samsung UE32K5500. It's not a complete bed of roses, but overall I am happy with the switch over. Most importantly there is no lip sync error!

xazaothx
Explorer

Spoiler

Glad you replaced and no longer have to worry about this issue :slight_smile:

I completely forgot to say -  there was a new firmware update a few days ago.    Since installing it the issue has got worse.   I'm pretty gutted.    I feel forced to install the updates in the hope the issue will be sorted.  

How do I get something official from Sony on this issue?   What is the best way of raising a support ticket for this?

MrSkywalker
Explorer

Oh that is terrible, I feel your pain!

I originally contacted Sony support via telephone. You will probably have to go through the reset malarkey again but at least you will be on the system. Give them a call on Monday and see. I wish you the best of luck!

Cragly
Explorer

I have also had lipsync issues!! I have purchased a Sony 55XD9305 with the Sony CT390 Soundbar connected upto SkyQ via HDMI. I have the TV and Soundbar connected via ARC connection (have tried optival but seems worse) and I continually get syncing issues with Sky, Netflix and streaming my own media over my network with the PLEX app.

My 10 year old Bravia I had before this wich cost me a fraction of the price just worked. This setup cost me so much more and just doesnt work its so frustrating as the picture quality is excellent. I have been living with this now for several months and am thinking of returning it as its not fit for purpose and get a different manufacturer as others have described as Sony support are no help just telling me to reset TV etc which does nothing.

Surely Sony must be aware of this issue but seem to be doing nothing about it or communicating effectively with their loyal customers. 

It would be good to get some resolution on this or have a representative from Sony to join in this discussion and try to provide some resolution to this problem.

JadyBee
Explorer

I think Sony ought to have provided an adjustment feature for this problem:  Other makes of TV have it as standard !

But why has this only become a problem in recent times ?  Manufacturers must know about it !

Time for a Software Fix, I think !

JadyBee

profile.country.GB.title
Horaceontal
Explorer

I bought a Sony KDL-40WD653 television  earlier this year.

With no external equipment connected there is a distinct lack of synchronisation of picture and sound.

I haven't checked whether there is a difference between SD & HD transmissions.

I've seen the posts to the community forums that several others have found this out.

What is the latest news on this fault ? Is there a solution ?

profile.country.GB.title
OwenMc
Explorer

I purchased a new 32WD756BU in July, and straight out of the box it had lipsync problems.

Updating to the latest firmware (v8.215, July 2018) made no difference, so it's still an issue with the 32WD756BU.

I made contact with Sony support and had a most helpful interaction with their support person, but in the end I returned the TV within a fortnight of purchase as I wasn't prepared to put up with this issue on a brand-new item.

.... but I miss the HD picture quality already 😕

Interestingly BBC outside broadcast vs in-studio audio also has issues with syncing on the old TV, so I quit using those to test my problems.