Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix error code 5.6.1

profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

Netflix error code 5.6.1

I have a KDL40R550C which suddenly shows Netflix error code tvq-pm-100(5.6.1). No amount of full power downs or factory resets will clear it. Only remaining option seems to be to reload firmware (v8.586) but I cannot force a reload since, obviously, I am up to date.

Any ideas anybody?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

Hi Batee5

I have now returned to this TV set in Spain and performed a software upgrade.  It is now running version 8.587-1000-1.200.01.

Then I performed a factory reset and selected the country Spain as Sony Customer Support recommended.  This destroyed all my previous TV channel sorting of course, so that's an hour of my life I won't get back.

But it has had no effect and I am still getting error code 5.6.1 when I try to run Netflix.  This started on 1 May 2018, everything was fine until then.  The Netflix version description is very long but let me know which characters are relevant and I can tell you if that helps.

All a bit embarrassing really especially as I have a Netflix button on my remote!

profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

OK, so not sure if there is anybody there anymore; I've clearly been abandonded by Sony customer support so that's already put the block on a £1,000 spend I was planning to make on another of the company's products.

For anybody following this trail of posts a local TV engineer is going to do a full re-install of the firmware to correct the problem.  Nobody at Sony has replied to this thread or on the direct helpline.  My conclusion is that they are certainly not going to supply me with the software reload needed although it's an obvious escalation path.

I'm guessing Sony Smart TVs are not really very good; and we all thought Microsoft was bad!

profile.country.GB.title
Geekecosse
New

I have been using Netflix for almost a month and now have this problem. 

I have checked and my Android Tv is running the latest OS and Netflix app. 

Things I’ve tried:

Uninstalling Netflix updates

Reinstalling Netflix updates

Clearing cache and data for Netflix app

several reboots during the above. 

Problem is localised to tbe TV as works on other devices. 

I tried another profile on the same netflix Netflix account and it showed the first couple of seconds of the programme then same error. Makes me think it’s a caching issue. 8gb of free space on the TV. 

Network is cabled Ethernet on DHCP. 

From the Device settings in Netflix:

software version 5.4.1-266 r 2017

netdlix version nrdapp 2017.1.6

Platform versionAndeoid ninja 5.4.1

Device  model Sony_bravia 4K gb

UI build Ui release 20180818_8285_2-gibbon-r100-darwinql

Any advice greatly appreciated. 

profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

Hi Geekecosse

Is YouTube working? If it is you've got the same problem as me but on an Android device. So with differing operating systems is it in fact a hardare issue or, as you say, cache?

I'm now asking local TV engineers for their advice.  Of course Sony won't supply even them with a firmware update, nice people.  

Hello everyone,

same behaviour since yesterday on my XD8305.

It goes without saying that I've tried everything out there, and also the SW upgrade to v6.5629 (which wasn't installed automatically by my TV however, I had to to do it manually).

Anyway, nothing worked, but one thing I've noticed googling the problem, is that this issue is often (almost only) reported by people living in Spain. I live in Switzerland (however, Italian speaking part of it), and I wonder if this is related to any location/language setting?

Thanks for any suggestion.

profile.country.GB.title
Ellen_sony
Explorer

Apparently the Netflix issue was a first sign of a larger hardware problem
with the TV. It just stopped working eventually and I had to bring the TV
technician to check it. He had to replace the graphic card and install the
system again. Now it works as before.
Hope this helps.
profile.country.GB.title
Geekecosse
New

youtube, Amazon Prime etc all work. TV has been restarting itself a bit recently when you go to swithc it on and also noticed that Spotify would not work one day without a reboot. 

The more I look at it the more I think it needs an OS wipe.

profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

Thanks everybody for your replies today.  The spanish location theory is interesting but something I'll leave until I've explored the software and then hardware issue.  The problem is Netflix says 5.6.1 could be the manufacturer's software or hardware.  Looks like an OS reload is still the way to go first, if Sony will supply the firmware. If that provides no fix then I'll look at replacing the graphic card.

profile.country.GB.title
Geekecosse
New

I factory reset the TV and it is working fine. No need for TV engineers
anymore as this is all software.
Just need to reinstall and configure all my apps.

S
hbapsa
New

After trying several things including restarting the tv, restarting Netflix, turning off the tv, restarting the network, and everything else that people have listed above, I finally found a solution, sign out of Netflix and sign back in. Why that solution hasn't been listed at Netflix is beyond me, simple! Well it worked for me after putting up with no Netflix for the last couple of days with that error!