Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix error code 5.6.1

profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

Netflix error code 5.6.1

I have a KDL40R550C which suddenly shows Netflix error code tvq-pm-100(5.6.1). No amount of full power downs or factory resets will clear it. Only remaining option seems to be to reload firmware (v8.586) but I cannot force a reload since, obviously, I am up to date.

Any ideas anybody?

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
mvtito
New

Hi everyone,

It's been helpful to read this trail. I've been struggling with this issue for some weeks already, and it's frustrating that Sony has done nothing to solve it. I got a XD8305 too, and it was all going great until this started to happen. I'm based in Portugal, so it's not just a Spain-based issue then.

I have signed out and then back in Netflix (as hbapsa did), but nothing happened in my case.

profile.country.GB.title
davSin
Explorer

Hi,

Having the same problem repeatedly. TV model is KDL-48R550C, updated my software currently at 1.598-1.041-01

Netflix is version 3. TV isnt android version.

Problem still persists . youtube working fine. Netflix is the problem. Tried all, restarted the network, unplugged the TV etc etc. Any suggestions on solving this issue please?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Ellen_sony
Explorer

Eventually I had to change the video card on the TV. Netflix was the first
to go, afterwards the TV just stopped working.
Hope it helps!
profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

In November 2018, with the pace of a sloth, Sony eventually got around to issuing a 'fix' (excuse my cynicism - let's first see if it actually works in the real world) for this which can be found here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00015574

Your set is listed here.  I have not tried this on my set due to me and the set being 1,000 miles apart currently.  Extensive instructions are given for a USB based update.  Maybe you could give it a go and see if it works.  

One thing that bothers me is the software version number you are quoting - my TV is on v8.576 and this upgrade will be to 8.590 which is not consistent with the number you are quoting.

I hope it works for both our sakes!

profile.country.GB.title
simonhnewell
Explorer

I am pleased to say this fix worked.

That's me signing off.

Good luck to anybody looking at the same problem.