Join now - be part of our community!

Obtaining the MAC Address for router access

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
phitangu3
Visitor

Obtaining the MAC Address for router access

How do I find the MAC address for my Sony KDL-37EX503 or the UWA-BR100 dongle as I need this to allow my router to accept the device as that is part of my security set up?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

No need to register to get the mac address - just go into the network settings area on the TV and it will be listed there. Otherwise simply temporarily turn off your MAC authentication on your router and connect the TV. Your router should normally then display the MAC address of all devices connected right.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.da_DK.title
kristiansenz
Visitor

Go to the Sony : internet.sony.tv - register your TV and you will see your TV MAC address.:smileyhappy:

phitangu3
Visitor

I have registered my product with Sony Europe.  I cant see any internet.tv link on that site  Do I have to register it again with the US one to get access to this information?

Catmambo
Contributor

No need to register to get the mac address - just go into the network settings area on the TV and it will be listed there. Otherwise simply temporarily turn off your MAC authentication on your router and connect the TV. Your router should normally then display the MAC address of all devices connected right.

Thanks

phitangu3
Visitor

Thanks.  That worked a treat.  I had already turned off the access control to get the access, but didn't think to look at the station list to see the MAC addresses connected.  Doh!  Thanks again.