Join now - be part of our community!

Recording from my Sony TV

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

Recording from my Sony TV

I believe it is possible to record from my Sony TV which is a LCD-42W653A modelI believe I have to record onto a portable device can someone explain the procedure and what I need .Thank's

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

Thanks for the reply regarding the following

Any data stored in the USB HDD device will be erased when it is formatted during the registration process. The USB HDD device cannot be used with a PC once it is registered to the TV. To enable use of the USB HDD device on a PC, format it on the PC. (Note that any data in the USB HDD device will be erased

If I do not register the drive will I still be able to use it on my laptop after recording on it and playing back and then erasing the recording or do I need to register it before using it to record on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

In order to record from the TV to a HDD, the HDD must be 'registered' to the TV.  The registering process with encrypt the HDD to be used solely on the TV.  This encryption process is the reason why you cannot access the recordings a computer. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

The recordings on my hard drive were done on my laptop and I can play them on my Sony TV but not on my Logik TV.This drive has not been registered to any TV when I plug it into the Sony it ask's me if I want to register it but if I register it I then cannot use it with the laptop