Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
Woktolivelife

Everything for me is loading as normal no discernible difference in loading from before the issues started.
Been over 5hrs now flicked through about 20 apps seems to be more apps available not sure though but just the usual rubbish all the the main ones are operational thrown in a movie with not a glitch
profile.country.GB.title
shellard1976
Explorer

Update my firmware last night and the all the apps are now showing but only a few apps where working last night like Lovefilm.  BBC iplayer didnt work.  Today the Lovefilm, BBC iplayer and most of the one I use apart from Mazu the music channel which still comes up with service not available. 

deaves1

Well its 15.50 so far so good, bit slow coming out of apps tho
profile.country.GB.title
shellard1976
Explorer

Sorry should have said Mazu is the only one not working so far
chsmith2844
Explorer

Apps were working earlier but have just tried at 6:30pm and they are no longer loading.EDIT Maybe a blip or something my end as i reset everything and seems to be running again now.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbam
Explorer

Last night after the Firmware update it started to work but a bit hit and miss. This evening all looks back to normal.

I'd be interested in the actions taken to resolve the issue. Was it the Firmware or capacity issues at Sony's end.
Woktolivelife

I never updated my firmware still running 3.6 so assuming a server issue , would be interested to see what the latest firmware available to some (my TV comes back no update available and still unable to download via usb.)was intended to do maybe it was trial and error update
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Guys,

we heard you and thanks to your info and anlysis we are making progress. Please check this thread for updates:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/TV-update-Network-issues-with-apps/m-p/1323360/highlight/...

Thanks,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
IanFerLav

Good to see a critical mass of forum members helping to get this problem sorted out...even if it took a week or so to get the ball rolling! Hope I can now watch Masterchef, Bakeoff and Modern Family without being on tenterhooks about the service collapsing/not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it works like this for many companies :

• 1 User to 1 problem = low priority
  • Many Users to 1 problem = high priority

During the initial stages of the week, only a couple of people reported the problem, with it seemingly resolved itself.  Hence no flags were raised as such.  But as the problem kept re-occuring and many more people reporting in the same problem, that priorty then gets raised, hence more people involved in finding a solution.

Should start a sweepstake on who can guess the exact problem :slight_smile: