Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
IanFerLav

Spoke too soon. SEN intermittent--coming up with "Not available"--now iPlayer not appearing after the "Please wait" message. 

CJ_Hockey_Dude
Explorer

Two week old tv.

BBC Iplayer, 4OD, Demand 5, Lovefilm have never appeared in my SEN menu. Youtube app needs to re-login for each use.

Updated to PKG3.710eua and no different

Cannot contact Sony Support by email as the Email form is not working due to maintenance.

Not very impressed to say the least

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Software update appeared on the TV when I arrived home from work and all now seems to be working.

Would be nice to now get the explaination from Sony to explain what happend. However it does now seem to be resolved.

Woktolivelife

Had the same update
Apps back 10- 15 minutes into a film on Netflix loading screen comes up then hangs try to exit SEN locks up blank screen nothing but the repeating bar in the corner. Anyone else have issues with Netflix doing the same
profile.country.DK.title
diheor

It seems the problem has been fixed. For two days app list is there and the apps are running. 

IanFerLav

Oh come on. I'm getting a This application cannot be launched because there is a server problem message again. What is going on with this service????
adam_cr

I just posted this on the other related thread, but same here with the server error. I think a free stress reliever should have come with all Sony TVs!

tinewnh64

Here we go again. Apps freezing. Lovefilm nt playing.........Sony, this is a farce. HDD recording also flashes 'subtitles off' message every 30 seconds.....useless features!!!
deaves1

Everything has gone again? Is it me?
Annes123
Explorer

We have had our TV since August and yes its stressful.  One of the reasons why we bought this particular TV was access to Lovefilm. I would say 9 days out of 10 it wont open and the rest of the time, it stops / starts.  Problems with this, problems with that...... thankfully we kept our DVD player but if I had know this would be so complex we wouldnt have bothered with a so called SMART tv!  Very disappointed - a lot of time and money wasted so far!