Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
daca123
New

I purchased a KDL42W654A just over a month ago and everything was working fine until about a week ago when this App issue started. I have tried everything from resets to refreshing the internet content with no success. Has anyone been advised of a fix for this problem?

mynameisDIM
Explorer

Hi,

I have a KDL-42W653A and had the issue a while ago, but - fingers crossed - has been fine of late.

I haven't seen any official announcement from Sony in these parts. Sorry, not an awful lot of use, but it would seem though the issue is very much still present (in your case) without any confirmed rhyme or reason.

:S

Hi 

In common with others I have recently purchased the KDL-42W653A model and am experiencing drops in connection when watching Netflix or BBC iPlayer in particular. Also apps regularly fail to load. My broadband connection is otherwise fine when using PC, tablets etc.,

Seems from this particular topic that the problem has been going on for some considerable time. Are Sony any nearer to resolving it?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I had a similar problem with services occasionally not loading. If you have the latest firmware update, go to network and choose 'refresh Internet services' this forces the TV to update the service listings and it seemed to fix it.

jakeroyd58
Explorer

Hi Everybody

watching this thread to see what happens.

I have a recently purchased KDL42653 with the problems as described.

One thing I would add.

On mine I aslo get a condition where I can go into SEN fine , then a problem similar to described happens.

Then if i go out of SEN and then try to get back in basically nothning happens except the timer bar on the RH top of the screen runs.

I think this means the local firmware on the set has hung.

Otherwise I get what many get here 1 day all fine

next day maybe 6 apps and nothing wanting to work.

I am doing nothing to the set.

I can get a hang up on Youtube as if buffering but i can play the same file on my smartphone or PC fine at the same time as the Sony hangs.

Sony , this problem must be relatively common , your back desk must know about it and be working on it.

Could you please inform us of progress and timescale please.

This problem ruins an otherwise escellent TV

norstar69
New

Same here. Bought a W805 42" Bravia two weeks or so ago, apps were there, then we updated it, now they're gone.

We get the message "Some applications are unavailable because the server is unavailable".

Done Factory reset. Done internet content refresh. Network is fine and internet is fine.

Bizarre thing is that a search will turn up some programmes on say Iplayer or 5 On demand, but the app itself isn't there.

This isn't a very smart TV, or Sony's Entertainment Network is rubbish.

profile.country.GB.title
HHGTTG
Explorer

I have had my Smart TV for a fortnight now, (Model KDL W42653) and was intrigued by the Apps/All Apps feature. One of them caught my eye and was the Berlin Philharmiker App, with being able to view many excellent concerts.

I subscribed, via  my computer, for a 7 day period and paid about 10 Euros. Since then I have watched several concerts via the TV's App but sometimes the extra Apps don't load and after some time a message appears saying "Some Applications are unavailable because the server is currently unavailable."

This is most inconvenient as just when I feel like watching something, the TV doesn't load the apppropriate App.

Of course I can watch via my computer but that is not quite the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I am of the understanding that this issue has been re-esculated to support. I'll see if I can find any further information, but being that this issue seems to be an intermittent on-going issue, and as Xmas is around the corner, it might be a few days. 

Cheers

tbydel
New

I bought KDL24605 3 weeks ago and have never had more that the basic Sony apps ie no iplayer, lovefilm etc. Updated to the lastest firmware. No effect. Reset to factory settings. No effect. Wireless or Wired. No effect. It looks as though this is an ongoing issue. I did not see a solution posted in this thread.

UK based. ISP plusnet.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

I'd call your ISP and get them to reset your connection as there is no reason why you shouldn't see them. Once reset, then refresh your content and they should appear.