Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

SOLVED
Giles_W
New

Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue

Hello

I have been trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, which only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for 5 minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as Netflix, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". The same happens with other apps such as Sky News etc. 

My internet connection is fine and have tried both wired and wireless. I have reset the internet aswell as doing a factory reset and unplugging the television from the wall for 10 minutes.

Could someone please advise me on what I can do to get this working.

Many Thanks 

187 REPLIES 187
mdicker1943
Explorer

The Tv itself is brilliant stunning picture also had the sound bar an blu ra.
But you do not pay out £1500 for something thats not fit for function.
Oh well iplayer on the ipad. Also dont give text book lame duck answers tell the truth we can take it. Just say it could go on for days etc . No problem

tinewnh64

I have the 47 inch W8. Apps are not working. YouTube fine, iplayer, demand 5 and lovefilm are not. List of apps does not exist at times! Internet is fine. PS3 works fine on all apps. It is the TV. HELP!!!!
mgulla
Explorer

I have a KDL42W805A and have experienced exactly the same problem with the apps as described -   i.e.when trying to access the Sony Entertainment Network "All Applications" list, it only brings up a few applications unless I leave it loading on the page for minutes where it finally comes up with the entire selection. 

Once this has happened, if I try and go on an application such as LoveFilm, BBCiPlayer, I receive the message "The application is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". But the Sony Video Unlimited app works fine.

Curiously, I have an older Sony Smart TV (KDL-32EX403) and all the similar apps work fine on that set at the same time I am experiencing the problem on the new W805! Are newer models configured to access different servers or could there be a software problem/bug with the newer models?

tinewnh64

Seems same issue on this link. The solution suggested does not help!
Giles_W
New

My IP address was located to the address I am in. I also did an automatic set up to ensure DNS were as they should be. Still have the same problem.
tinewnh64

Service was back this morning. All apps fine. This afternoon they failed again!!!!
Woktolivelife

Are any of the Moderators on this community forum Technical minded? And could explain the reasoning/possibility it is just the Internet services on the TV smart hub latest 2013 models where there is an issue , with no issue with the smart hubs on PS and Sony SmartBlurays.
I'm just asking for an informed opinion surely that can't be to much to ask of Sony till they can offer a definitive solution
Can our relatively small number of Sony customers posting of the same issues be quantified now as a known issue?
NickH123456
Explorer

Same problem here on a KDL-32W654A too altho its suddenly appeared again! but for how long.

Its up and down like a ? well you know what I mean!

Sony - Can we have some feedback as to the steps being taken to resolve this? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In response to Woktolivelife - I am pretty confident that the moderators and Sony are reading this thread with interest and are probably working on the issue behind the scenes. 

Cheers.