Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
Batfinkk

@huxley123 This obsolecence argument holds no water in my view..

1. Technology always moves forwards: price down - spec up. Thats how its always been and always will be. One buys a  TV knowing that there would be a better one next year and an even better one the year after that surely. You buy the product which is most suitable for you at this moment in time, futureporoofing technology is almost impossible surely..
  2. The car I bought last year doesn't have the same features as this years new car, like Google mapping or IPhone interface - but it still performs the same jobs that it did when I bought it. Of course I'd like a new car, but so would everyone.
  3. By this logic, everything that I own for which there is a new model is obselete, but thats how advancements work surely no? So it surely has to be an accepted inevitability by anyone buying anything remotely technical.

My 2c

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Batfinkk - Posted exact same time :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

By the same token, if I bought a new car with satnav promoted as a feature, and the satnav stopped working within the warranty period, I'd expect it to be fixed, or a replacement supplied.

Batfinkk

@huxley123 So if you are equating the Sat Nav to Channel 4 & ITV, the TV wasn't sold as featuring them. So via your analogy, effectively the Satnav isn't broken as it was never there in the first place & the car is still working as it did when you bought it. If it was sold as featuring those services, you should contact your retailer directly as its not been promoted by Sony in that way..

A Sat Nav analogy is a good one though as much like aftermarket Sat Nav's you can add it to your car at a later date, e.g. adding a PS3 to your setup gives you a full house of IP services.

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

My satnav analogy was meant for the situation with iplayer not working.

nickwg
Explorer

You'll be lucky if your TV lasts long enough for you to access these services! Mine certainly hasn't

MattJ11
Explorer

Well I for one will be pretty cheesed off if ITV Player and 4OD don't arrive early in the New Year, because the TV was definitely sold to me by a Sony rep on that basis.

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I've still got 3 years left of the guarantee on mine.

ToonPatriot
Explorer

Still waiting.. YAWWWWNN

HootingOwl
Explorer

Another loyal brand champion giving up on you, Sony. Given what is happening in the flat screen market I have concluded that Sony have thrown in the towel when it comes to televisions and will not invest further in the Bravia platform. A bit of honesty would have been nice. But thanks for making some of the best televisions in history.