Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
clap.1357
Explorer

I for one would add me voice to getting these services avaiable asap.

alajones13
Explorer

I have just bought a Sony Bravia tv and still no sign of itv player or 4OD. Disappointing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.

ITV are heavily alligned to Sky at the moment.  This is what happens when companies use monopolistic behaviours.  It hurts the consumer in the end.

alecoddlyiv
Explorer

Really disapointed to find these are not part of the application lineup on my new X850B 4k tv

This really needs to be addressed

Zedwizz
Explorer

I'd also like to voice my disappointment over this as well.

I'm really impressed that I can view Youtube videos on it by selecting on my iPad and then just touching one icon on the iPad.Immediately pops up on the TV.

Do other apps achieve this?

And whilst we're discussing missing apps, the BBC has not implemented iPlayer radio on smart TVs, because viewers don't listen to the radio on large screen TVs. What about those of us who route their TVs through an integrated AV system?

I don't understand the comment that no TV manufacturer provides 4OD or ITV player?? A relative of mine has a Samsung smart TV that is over 1 year old which has access to both. Really annoyed I have a newer, more expensive, supposedly superior TV without these features. Happy to upload a picture of this if the integrity of what I'm saying is in question.
Jmillo
Explorer

My brother bought my Mum a Sony Bravia January 2015. I have shown her how to access the internet apps so she can watch BBC iplayer. I am staggered that 4OD and ITVPlayer are not available. I have a Samsung Smart TV, bought January 2014 it has 4OD and ITVPlayer along with BBC iplayer all as standard preloaded apps. So your claim that all manufacturers are unable to provide 4OD and ITVPlayer is incorrect. Please sole this for people that bought your much more expensive Sony Bravia TV.
profile.country.en_GB.title
treveden
Explorer

Eventually gave up waiting. Over 5 years ago, John Lewis assured me in good faith that they believed Sony would soon produce a software update for the ITV player.

As you now know, you may as well do what I did, sign up for talktalk tv and internet. They provide a Youview box , you can use this to watch ITV player etc. Makes the smart TV redundant ?

FlexibleHead
Explorer

One more voice here. What I find really odd is that you can get 4OD on the PS3. So is this a Sony issue or isn't it? How can it be available on one Sony platform and not another?

alecoddlyiv
Explorer

Exactly, the media player does not seem to have moved on since the PS3 so the likelyhood is they are the same.

Sony passing the buck to Channel 4 and ITV is an absolute cop out.