Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
sony-cat

Well Demand 5 has offical gone now.  RIP £900 'smart tv'.

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/demand-5-gone-from-bravia-kdl-40hx723/td-p/1932667

Toppam
Explorer

I've been buying sony TVs and other products for years, but the lack of ITV PLayer in particular, and Sony's unwillingness to update firmware in general means that I have now switched to Samsung, with which I have been very pleased. I buy through John Lewis for the 5-yr guarantee and no-quibble return options. I even make a point now of telling anyone I see in a shop looking at Sony 'Smart' TVs to ask the salesman about ITV Player. Poor show Sony. Goodbye.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As always, you choose the right product to suite your needs.

Cheers

FlexibleHead
Explorer

The Channel 5 app still works for me.

jmsafety

Has any one thought about the consumer protection act ? we all bought these tv's to get a service that has now been taken away. the goods are now not not fit for the purpose that we purchased them for

franken1000
Explorer

very disapointed that my sony smat tv doesnt have itv player. i doubt ill buy sony again. 

franken1000
Explorer

Fortunately I have a SAMSUNG TV which has itv player, demand 5, you name it. In fact I am using it now as the monitor to my computer as I type this. 

jmsafety

Put my name on the petition list as I think Sony have treated UK customers very badly.

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

I know its a pain, I have an older Sony TV and I have just purchased a NOW TV box to go with it. As well as the usual programmes it now gives us iPlayer , itvplayer ,4-OD and CH5demand just to name a few. The picture is pretty good. Cost: £10:00 at Tesco`s I believe they are doing an end of line offer, a no brainer!!
profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I did the same. I use mine for BBC iPlayer over the Sony app as the Sony iPlayer app on my TV keeps crashing. I paid £20 for my NOW TV box on a deal with 2 months of Sky Movies.