Join now - be part of our community!

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ISMADDER
Visitor

When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Any Date yet For ITV PLAYER and CHANNEL 4 ON DEMAND ?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

made thread a sticky

Tags (5)
337 REPLIES 337
abillybob

I personally think this needs to be put to bed now. We're all angry that Sony hasn't included the basic services that we all wanted and let's face it to be blunt they're not going to. If you buy a new Sony TV which has YouView and Android TV it will include these services but the older generation of televisions I can't ever see getting these services. It seems this forum is also pretty useless so posting to it in hope that Sony will try to resolve this for you is now far fetched. Sony dosen't appear to be listening to it's customers and doing anything about it, which to add I feel very disappointed about and as a long time customer with a bunch of devices from Sony it has made me question my loyalty to them as a brand, which you'd of thought Sony wouldn't want their reputation to be damaged or jeprodised and would at least try to accomidate what it's customers are asking for, I've seen no signs of this.

For those that are struggling with this concept your best bet is to just not use any of the "Smart" features on the TV and use something like a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick both of which are around £35 and will give you all the content you want this is what I had to do. I was one of the lucky one's and got into an argument with PC World which eventually had to be taken to the CEO department because I complained about the Sony TV not having what I wanted and tried to return it, they wouldn't let me return it but gave me £50 credit towards a smart stick.

I think lessons have to be learnt here, look more into the product your purchasing and you won't be disappointed. We can't just assume buying into a reputable brand like Sony will give you all the services as you'd expect anymore which is a big shame and I used to expect more from Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

Just to add, the NOW TV box at £15 is an even cheaper option.

abillybob

Yup but dosen't come with Netflix or Amazon Prime... I like all my stuff in one platform and I don't think an extra £25 really breaks the bank, I also prefer it as a stick behind the TV rather than a box in front of the TV but that's just me :slight_smile:

treveden
Explorer

Yes, thats right. Things have moved on now, technology has come a long way since my original post. Now Tv, Amazon, etc options for picking up TV on demand . Makes you wonder why we still need an expensive license for the BBC ? Would have been good customer relations on Sony's part to respond to the Forum.

Cheers Trev

treveden
Explorer

No, unless you buy a additional add on . Try Now TV or Amazon.

treveden
Explorer

Agree, also alleviates the need for wires , plugs etc. Especially important if youre TV is wall mounted.

profile.country.GB.title
ant145ah
Explorer

sony. please tell me  WHY dont you just add this ITV Player and 4OD???????????????? and youview sould be internet wifi

tw1968
New

i can get bbc and chan 5 catchup why not itv and 4od???

seems sony are only prepared to cater for new tvs and new customers. has Bill G taken a stake in sony recently??? MS customer service here.

Tags (1)

I would like to add to the pleas for 4OD. I had it on my late samsung smart tv, but having had to replace it yesterday I really miss it on my brand new Sony Bravia. Please Sony!,

profile.country.GB.title
banno1971
Explorer

A simple solution would be to watch via chromecast.