Join now - be part of our community!

Why can't I watch 4oD on my Sony Bravia TV?

janestead
New

Why can't I watch 4oD on my Sony Bravia TV?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
joflind
Explorer

You can watch it through the youview BUT if you install Youview you will not be able to record TV as Sony have taken it upon themselves to make you choose between recording TV or watching the catch up programmes. Apparently there haven't been any complaints to make it worth their time. 

I'm absolutely disgusted with Sony. The more updates they release the worse my TV is getting and the less I am able to do with it. I've now turned off all updates as it is no longer the TV I signed up for and their technical department go against the manual. To make you choose between one function or the other is beyond ridiculous. 

profile.country.GB.title
Xeno-man
Explorer

I understand your dismay but isn’t Youview streaming TV? You have never been able to record streaming TV on any set.

I think the fault lies with C4 for not bothering to provide catch-up you can use on TVs.

Why they think it should be a good thing to provide to laptops and tablets, but not TVs just makes no sense. This happens in other formats. With Amazon Prime, for example, you can download a movie or TV show to your phone, but not to a laptop. Strange.