You Tube- internet browser will close due to an internal error

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
craig1912
Explorer

You Tube- internet browser will close due to an internal error

Keep on getting this error message
internet browser will close due to an internal error
Also BBC iplayer times out when selecting play.
Can get other internet content like BBC news etc.
Any suggestions? thanks
42 REPLIES 42
shabaj
New

Hello friend I live in Australia and have the exact problem with my tv but could not understand your solution could you post your steps to fix this as you said i tried everything this is my last chance cheers Jeff
renaud197
Explorer

Do you have something blocking ads in your network (it can be stuff  like opendns or a high end router)? If yes, that might be the culprit, remove that filtering and check if everything works.

dostormer
New

I have a KDL-W600B Bravia and get the same error message on some channels on youtube. Like Jat lenos garage and the 30 second adds you can't skip.

Have you solve this problem yet, I met this problem half years ago, and I live in China, ever time I reset factory , it working good for a while, but it error again restart next time

Oh right! I currently using a pretty expensive router, it's netgear 4300 , in order to brake the "GFW" block, it has openwrt firmware , and many of DNS settings

Bonesai
Explorer

How do I "enable the connection to doubleclick"? I have a Sony Bravia 47W802a.

Thank you,

Bonesai

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonesai wrote:

How do I "enable the connection to doubleclick"? I have a Sony Bravia 47W802a.

Hello Bonesai

Can you explain a bit more, as I dont understand.  Where do you get this message "enable the connection to doubleclick"?  - On a TV you cannot doubleclick.

Cheers

Bonesai
Explorer

In this thread renaud197 says: 

renaud197Explorer11 Posts
Re: You Tube- internet browser will close due to an internal error[ Edited ]

At last, I found out....... It works now....

Here is the technical explanation for those interested:

I have a DNS cache on my network, it is configured to resolve some advertising domain names to an internal server which serves nothing but a blank page.

At some point, the TV browser asks for ad.doubleclick.net on port 443. This resolves to my internal server (172.20.0.254):

1418387596.667 5591 172.20.0.72 TCP_MISS/200 4257 CONNECT ad.doubleclick.net:443 - HIER_DIRECT/172.20.0.254 -

Given it's port 443, when the browser connects, it gets an invalid certificate when trying to fetch the ads and crashes.

It might be something else along that way, but the result is there, when I enable the connection to doubleclick, youtube app works.

I would still consider this as a bug as it's not supposed to crash for such a thing. Imagine if doubleclick was not working, it would also prevent youtube app to work.

Bonesai
Explorer

Also, my problem is with Hulu. It worked on Tuesday (2/7) night. But not Wednesday (2/8) night.

Thank you,
Bonesai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Bonesai

Are you using the in-built dedicated apps or are you going through the web-browser?

Either way, I would recommend a factory reset of the TV, as you have also mentioned Hulu is not working either.  A factory reset seems like the simplest answer as it clears any issues that the TV may have.  See instructions HERE.

Cheers