Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube Not Loading KDL-42W674A

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jeretc
Explorer

YouTube Not Loading KDL-42W674A

Hi my Sony Bravia TV "KDL-42W674A" has problems loading Youtube, it stopped working since yesterday. Any solutions available? 

I have done Network & Content update and also firmware is latest nothing to update.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.LT.title
nebusni0k-da
Explorer

Try to make factory restore under System settings>General Set-up>Factory settings. Mine Bravia KDL-42W655A was freezing in Youtube logo while loading app. After factory reset, Youtube works fine. Remember, that after reset you will loose all custom display, audio settings, saved channels, their sorting and etc... So you will have to set them again.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.LT.title
nebusni0k-da
Explorer

Try to make factory restore under System settings>General Set-up>Factory settings. Mine Bravia KDL-42W655A was freezing in Youtube logo while loading app. After factory reset, Youtube works fine. Remember, that after reset you will loose all custom display, audio settings, saved channels, their sorting and etc... So you will have to set them again.

ffotog
New

It's not a problem with the Sony Bravia. Today my Bravia, iMac, MacBook, Dell and HP PCs are all showing the same fault when trying to load YouTube, the iMac less than five minutes ago; and in case any YouTube groupy is getting hot under the collar, I have seperate broadband connections for TV, Mac and PC connections...... so it ain't the router!

profile.country.GB.title
hazeldawn
New

I have had a problem with You Tube and been unable to watch the digital channels on my KDL-48WD653

TV, normally I use a youview box from BT so I don't know how long the problems have been there. You Tube on my laptop has been ok. I followed the online procedure for a factory reset and both problems have resolved. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi everyone, 

Sony have been investigating an issue with YouTube and you can check this link for all the updates.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
jeretc
Explorer

Thanks that worked! Hopefully i don't need to do this again.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Olaibra
Explorer

Oh, my God this works like magic. I couldn't watch Youtube since yesterday and today I googled how to solve the problem and followed the instructions by going on the settings on my TV and voila! it works!  😀 thank you very much 👏👏🙏

I am experiencing the same problem on my KDL-42W705B. Factory restting solves it BUT SO FAR I HAVE HAD TO DO IT 3 TIMES IN 4 DAYS. THAT CANNOT BE A 'SOLUTION'

profile.country.GB.title
agirebox81
Explorer

I did everything what people here suggested . you tube start working but only for 1 day . next day it's was again freez and not working . I don't now what to do . I can't do a factory restore every day I think that will be not good for a tv I think any different digestion. 

thanks Agnieszka