Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube SOLUTION

jjtee45
Explorer

YouTube SOLUTION

Since Sony are having difficulty solving this I’ve found a solution that doesn’t involve factory reset:

Go to “settings” (e.g. Home button then settings)

“Set Up” > scroll down to “Customer Support” > scroll down to “initialize personal information”

This will reset and log you out of all your accounts (but keep picture settings). 

Youtube will I’ll work again after sign in. You will also have to sign back into Netflix and amazon. But otherwise everything else should work fine after that. 

The “initialise personal information” might be in a different place depending on your tv - so search around your settings if you can’t find it. 

Otherwise try reseting cookies in your opera browser app. 

12 REPLIES 12
jjtee45
Explorer

Let me know if it worked for you guys! If the option is in a different place on your TV then please reply whereabouts it is to help others out. 

jjtee45
Explorer

Having posted my solution, Sony have subsequently updated their official page with my solution: which I suspect means it works for all similar TV models. 

profile.country.GB.title
TedMee
Explorer

Yep, it's worked on my Sony BlueRay disc player 6200.

Factory reset + personal detail reset.

Is it a Sony problem or YouTube fiddling with their app? and not testing it proberly.

profile.country.GB.title
Ishaik
Explorer

I am not able to find initialise personal information option under customer support 

Plse advice 

profile.country.GB.title
CountryRoller
Explorer

A thousand thanks for your help.

Massively appreciated.!

You were much more help than the numpties at Sony.

Have a good night.

x

profile.country.GB.title
Ishaik
Explorer

Working fine after i have done the factory reset 

Didnt work on my KD-49XE7002, not good when your little boy wants to watch fireman sam☹️

profile.country.GB.title
Tasria
Explorer

After I did this my tv remote control is not working anymore. Only the power button does work. Can someone pls help me solving this problem. I dont know what to do😭😭