Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube SOLUTION

jjtee45
Explorer

YouTube SOLUTION

Since Sony are having difficulty solving this I’ve found a solution that doesn’t involve factory reset:

Go to “settings” (e.g. Home button then settings)

“Set Up” > scroll down to “Customer Support” > scroll down to “initialize personal information”

This will reset and log you out of all your accounts (but keep picture settings). 

Youtube will I’ll work again after sign in. You will also have to sign back into Netflix and amazon. But otherwise everything else should work fine after that. 

The “initialise personal information” might be in a different place depending on your tv - so search around your settings if you can’t find it. 

Otherwise try reseting cookies in your opera browser app. 

12 REPLIES 12
avoura
New

I had the same problem with my Sony Blu Ray player with YouTube app. It was working well until yesterday when I only got as far as the YouTube logo.

Resetting my personal settings (and not the factory reset) was easy enough to find, and then I just had to sign in again to YouTube, via my smartphone on the same LAN using wifi.

Now YouTube works again.

Thanks for posting this solution. I have no idea what happened, I even updated the firmware which made no difference.

profile.country.GB.title
sindristeinars
New

Thank you for this , it worked for me. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Mike2112
Explorer

I just used the "Personalisation" reset link,worked perfrctly....Thanks for the help.