Join now - be part of our community!

Anti glare coating/film and J series touchscreens

profile.country.en_GB.title
mariddo
Visitor

Anti glare coating/film and J series touchscreens

I recently purchased the Vaio All-on-on PC with a touch screen  (VPCJ11M1E/B) for my wife. The machine seem to be very nice - early days yet, still not got all the software loaded. However therre is one big problem, the screen. She complains that it is too reflective and that it gives her a headache. She wants to buy soem anti-glar film to put on the screen, but I an concerned that this will stop the touch screen from working. Anybody got any experience of this sort of film on one of these PC's?

She is willing to loose the touchscreen functionality rather than put up with the reflection issue, personally I don't want to loose it, but if that is the only option I guess I will have to.

Mark

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mark,

As this is a user forum, I rather doubt if you will get an answer here.  I think you will need to contact Vaio Support for a professional opinion.

As I understand it, the screen itself is not touch sensitive - the 'touch' function works by the use of very small cameras in the upper corners of the screen which 'see' the fingers touching the surface - so it may still work with a thin film applied....................

.................. unless the cameras rely on screen reflections, of course!!!

:thinking: