Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone know any good speakers that support 'optical in'?

acecooper
Visitor

Anyone know any good speakers that support 'optical in'?

I have a Vaio AR-51S and I love it. I love it so much that I want to buy some nice speakers so i'll enjoy my films/games more. I want some speakers that make use of my laptops optical out port/SP/Dif (or something close to that), but all the speakers i've found don't support this- the ones that do have a large (VCR sized) amp which looks like it belongs under a large TV!

Basically I want 5.1 surround sound speakers that have an optical in for use with computers/laptops.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie

3 REPLIES 3
Visitor

Depends how much you are willing to spend really.

Heres sometyhing that would give you good results, and the price is good as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HT-AS1T-Home-Theatre-Kit/dp/B000VVU90Y/ref=pd_sbs_ce_njs_title_5

I also tried looking at Creative for their speaker packages but its not clear if they have optical ports.

Hope that helps.

acecooper
Visitor

wow, thanks a lot :heart_eyes: . Looks like a serious bit of kit there. I'm looking for something a bit cheaper though around £50-£80 :slight_frown: . Your suggestion does look nice though!

This is the first set I found which I liked but turns out they have no optical in! :cry:

Visitor

wow, thanks a lot :heart_eyes: . Looks like a serious bit of kit there. I'm looking for something a bit cheaper though around £50-£80 :slight_frown: . Your suggestion does look nice though!

This is the first set I found which I liked but turns out they have no optical in! :cry:

I dont think you'll get a good 5.1 system for less than £100. If you do, it will probably sound gash, and therefore defeat the purpose of even having it.