Join now - be part of our community!

DOWNGRADE VISTA TO XP IN VGN-NR11Z

MILLIONFISH
Visitor

DOWNGRADE VISTA TO XP IN VGN-NR11Z

HELLO I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW VAIO AND I DONT LIKE THE VISTA , I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL XP BUT XP CANT SEE THE HARD DISK. I WOULD BE SO THANKFULL IF I COULD GET SOME HELP AND DRIVER FOR MY MACHINE
THANKS A LOT.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

The Xp can't see the hard disk because they are in Raid 0...
Try this...
http://support.vaio.eu/os/xp/downgrade/index.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons

MILLIONFISH
Visitor

I FIND DIFFICULTIES TO LOG IN… IS THERE ANY OTHER POSSIBLE LINK TO DOWN LOAD THE DRIVERS..
THANKS AA LOT FOR YOUR REPLY!

V57...
Contributor

I d'ont tihink so...
Sony haven't (yet) support fot xp in this model...
And I think you have another problem...only the Xp Pro with the Sp2 recognize the 2 processors...

V57...
Contributor
MILLIONFISH
Visitor

I HAVE INSTALLED THE DRIVERS AND XP WINDOWS FIND THE HARD DISK... BUT AT THE END OF THE SET UP... AT A POINT WERE XP CONFIGURE THE SYSTEM IT STAYS STABLE DOESN’T MOVES ON … I TRIED SOME OTHER OTHER COPIES TOO. I THINK I HAVE TO MOVE BACK TO THE VISTA 😞

larrybolt
Visitor

MILLIONFISH, could you please send me the link to the drivers for the setup?
I'm not getting respond from LodgeN. I'm having the same problem by the way.
v.57, I called vaio support and they told only vista will run on my type of laptop, and when I started about Linux he said I had to forget about it. But, I did installed Debian successfully on my laptop yesterday.
I guess there are drivers aviable but I just need to find them.

MILLIONFISH
Visitor

I HAVE INSTALLED THE DRIVERS ONLY FOR THE CHIPSET TO GET XP INSTALLED WITH A USB FLOPPY DISK.. I HAVE DOWNLOADED ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/OS/XPDOWNGRADE/FZ19/DRIVERS/ THE 1 SATA DRIVERS OR SEE http://club.vaio.sony.ru/clubvaio/RU/ru/forum/viewthread;jsessionid=35937B3E8089712632FA0DDD65F76A23...