Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Ultimate and VGC V2S issues.

imranv
Visitor

Vista Ultimate and VGC V2S issues.

I have had a problem with Vista Ultimate and my V2S for ages now. I have posted on forums before but have been unsuccesful in resolving the issue. Basically when I loaded Vista Ultimate onto my V2S the screen shrinks and doesnt fit the full monitor. Also the aero's feature doesn't work. This is really annoying!!!

I have upgraded my memory and that hasnt worked. I then tried to update the graphics card and dicovered you cant! I tried to update the driver but could not find one! If anyone out there cann help me I will be eternally grateful!!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi.

Have a look at this thread: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=42547&lastpage=yes

Unfortunately the laptopvideo2go.com website is not working at the moment - try tomorrow.

I would download a recent Vista Forceware Driver from the site AND you need to download the MODDED.INF or you will not be able to install it.

Read the instructions on that site - choose the Vista tutorial and follow the instructions. The new Vista nVidia driver will then install.

:wink:

imranv
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Tried the website again today - doesn't work.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

LaptopVideo2Go.com current status see below..

Visitors, we are sorry, however, the site has experienced some difficulties.
We've grown too big for our old server and are in the processing of another shift.

[UPDATE I]
How ever we await the startup of a new Dedicated server, the process has been started
The new server has made us dig deep into our own pockets, any help with donations how ever small will be greatly appreciated.
Check back often for any new developments
The new server will be much better to dish out what we do best.

[UPDATE II]
New upcoming server stats
Dual Xeon CPU's
4GB RAM
2 x73GB SCSI HD's
100Mb/s Uplink

Thanks for the kind folk so far and possible ones, the donations will help to keep the server live now that it should be setup next week.

imranv
Visitor

Thanks for the info.

I went to the site and it directed me to driveragents.com which lets you do a free scan. It's a pretty good site if you need to do a load of updates.

The scan identified that I needed a driver update and located a driver to download (at a cost). I was happy with this so I downloaded the driver (9311686 nvidia driver)but it still did not work. :thinking:

Can anybody identify an actual driver that would resolve this problem,where i can find it exactly along with some instructions?

Thanks in anticipation.