Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone know where I can download PCG-7H1M Network Drivers for a Sony VAIO laptop?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
justinblandford
Visitor

Anyone know where I can download PCG-7H1M Network Drivers for a Sony VAIO laptop?

Hi,

I've recently reformatted a Sony VAIO PCG-7H1M model laptop with Windows XP.  However, the network drivers did not load at installation time.   I've searched everywhere for a driver download but can't seem to locate it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Justin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Justin,

The reason you can't find the drivers is that you are quoting an invalid model.  You are quoting a chassis type which can be shared by several models.  If you look on the screen surround you will find the correct model - it will be something like VGN-FE11H.

When you have found the correct model type, you can find the drivers on the support pages.  Here is the Original Drivers Package download for the VGN-FE11H: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FE11H

Download the .ZIP file and right-click on it.  Choose 'Extract All' and extract to a folder you can find (like C:\Drivers).  You will find the Ethernet and Wireless Network Drivers in the extracted files.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Justin,

The reason you can't find the drivers is that you are quoting an invalid model.  You are quoting a chassis type which can be shared by several models.  If you look on the screen surround you will find the correct model - it will be something like VGN-FE11H.

When you have found the correct model type, you can find the drivers on the support pages.  Here is the Original Drivers Package download for the VGN-FE11H: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FE11H

Download the .ZIP file and right-click on it.  Choose 'Extract All' and extract to a folder you can find (like C:\Drivers).  You will find the Ethernet and Wireless Network Drivers in the extracted files.

profile.country.en_GB.title
justinblandford
Visitor

Fantastic! Thanks very much.

Justin