Join now - be part of our community!

Autodesk Download Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
andyknowles1968
Visitor

Autodesk Download Problem

I have been trying to download a DWF Viewer from Autodesk.com and am told that an internet connection can not be found even though i am still connected to Autodesk.com.

Sony Vaio is a new computer for me so i have been looking for a setting that might need changing.

I have not had this problem downloading anything else. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Andy,

Well there is no problem with the download site as I have just downloaded the setup file with no problem – 778kb.

I can only assume that it is a firewall problem as you are receiving a message that there is no internet connection. Rather than reduce security levels either turn off the firewall altogether or create an exception for the web address.

Another alternative would be to download AutoDeskRevSetup on another machine and transfer it to the VPCSB1X9E using a flash drive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You don't say what model Vaio you have.

What version of Windows are you running?

Have you checked the System Requirements?

:laughing:

andyknowles1968
Visitor

Thanks for responding.

My Vaio Product Name is VPCSB1X9E

My Model is PCG-41218M

I am running Windows 7 Professional

I have been able to download Autodesk DWF viewer on every other computer i have own or worked on at various employers without a problem.

Thanks in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Try temporarily disabling your internet security. Possibly Mcafee firewall?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
andyknowles1968
Visitor

Thanks Rich,

i think i have tried disabling the internet security. I am using Webroot security and have been through that reducing the security levels.......i think.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Andy,

Well there is no problem with the download site as I have just downloaded the setup file with no problem – 778kb.

I can only assume that it is a firewall problem as you are receiving a message that there is no internet connection. Rather than reduce security levels either turn off the firewall altogether or create an exception for the web address.

Another alternative would be to download AutoDeskRevSetup on another machine and transfer it to the VPCSB1X9E using a flash drive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

I bought the vaio package via iolo but cannot register it. keeps saying error

my product is  PCG-41218m