Join now - be part of our community!

Battery drains off after switchoff the laptop

engyong
Visitor

Battery drains off after switchoff the laptop

I bought FW31J two months ago. The first month was okay not until I upgraded the windows vista to SP2 and installed a wireless modem in my hometwo weeks ago. I notice that the battery power drains off 10-25% over one night or even after some hours, interestingly, this is not happen every day, it is intermitent! Any suggestion before I turn to SONY for help?

5 REPLIES 5
engyong
Visitor

I uninstalled SP2 and immediately saw the effect the next day yesterday. The battery only lose 1% instead of 25-30% over one night. I am thinking that this might be at least one module does not shut down properly in switch-off state. I will monitor it for several days and if the drain problem stays less than 5%, I will re-install SP2 to see if the problem come back again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thank you for keeping us informed.

This has been a problem for some models and there has not been a satisfactory fix published yet.

You may be interested in this thread: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/ie/en/forum/viewthread;jsessionid=417CB22CC512575A871293D477CE0...

:thinking:

engyong
Visitor

Hej thanks Blencogo. This morning I got 0% power drain-off! (with vista SP1 and all USB ports have no devices connected over night in shut-down mode). Today I will re-install SP2 and monitor it if I will have 25-30% drain off problem again.

engyong
Visitor

I have installed SP2 this morning. I shutdown the laptop for an hour, and turned it on, I saw the sympton, the battery indicator showed that it has drained 3% energy. This is the initial quick test, 8 hours would estimated be 24-30%, exciting! Can't wait until tomorrow morning. :laughing:

engyong
Visitor

I think the re-installation of Vista SP2 has solved the drain-off problem. Till the last test, the battery did not drain off at all after been shut down three times for 8 hours each time. I even tested with all devices connected to USB ports when did the shut down.
:smileygrin: