Join now - be part of our community!

Software Upgrade - a dilemma

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

Software Upgrade - a dilemma

Gentlemen,

I have a dilemma regarding software upgrades etc.

I am an engineering consultant and do most of my work on the computer and liaise with my clients electronically.

I have installed on my computer MS Office 2002 which suits my 'simple mind' having now got used to and very familiar with it, whilst the people I liaise with have MS Office 2007 or later. In some cases I am unable to open their Word, Excel or Powerpoint attachments as, I suppose, you might expect.

I do actually have MS Office 2007 which is loaded onto my wife's laptop but I am afraid I find the layout of Word, Excel etc not very intuitive, hence my wish to retain the old fashioned MS 2002.

My dilemma is;

Should I download the MS compatibility pack from the MS site, which has the disadvantage of also, I think, insisting that SP3 is downloaded, which I don't want, or;

Should I 'custom' load the MS Office 2007 suite I have which, I believe, gives me the option of retaining my earlier MS 2002 office suite.

Both routes should, I think, give me the ability to open the MS Office 2007 documents I am being sent.

Given my dilemma and requirements which is the best/most satisfactory route to take?

Any/all comments/advice gratefully received.

Thank you

Gyron

0 REPLIES 0