Join now - be part of our community!

Broken Laptop

alpha106
Visitor

Broken Laptop

My son won a Sony Vaio laptop in an Ebay Christmas Treasure Hunt promotion, which he gave to me as a Christmas present.

This laptop has had light use since then, but today while my daughter was playing a game on it, it died. It was working via the mains at the time, now when the start button is pressed there are no lights or sounds from the machine.

Trying to register for e-support is harder than getting an invite to Buck House for tea and tiffins.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Chris
:cry:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Click on the e-support button. click me
Click register and type in your data and click Register.

Now you can login. Before you can open a case you must register your product. I was approx 1-2 weeks before I could open a case.:smileysad:

But you can call VAIO-Link too. click me

alpha106
Visitor

Thanks Seb, I have tried registering but when I press submit it just brings the detail entry page back up. I'm not sure whether there is a cookie problem or what.

Chris

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Maybe. Cookies must be enable. Delete your Cookies and try it again.

hldomster
Visitor

Sounds like a major hardware fault. It will still be under warranty, so call VAIO-Link to arraneg a collection for repair. Here are the numbers for each country.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Congrats on winning the Vaio even if it is a broken one. I was trying for that competition too!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Congrats on winning the Vaio even if it is a broken one. I was trying for that competition too!

Same here, won nothing