Join now - be part of our community!

CD ROM Eject Button

PaulCooke
Visitor

CD ROM Eject Button

Hi Guys,

I have recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate onto my Vaio (VGN Z11VN) everything seems to be working fine except the Eject Button for the CD rom does not work anymore. (the "S" buttons don't work either but I have never used them anyway so no that worried about them)

Can anyone offer any advice on what I need to do to get this working please?

Many thanks

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Paul and welcome,

Have you reinstalled all the Originally Installed Utilities from here?: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z11VN_B

In particular:

SFEP
Sony Shared Library
Vaio Event Service
Setting Utility Series
2 X Setting Utility Series Updates under the 'Updates' Tab.

Try in the above order and try a reboot between each install.

:thinking:

PaulCooke
Visitor

Many thanks Blencogo for the welcome and the reply I will give that a go in a moment and post back the results !

Thanks again

Paul

PaulCooke
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

I have downloaded all the updates as you said but on extracting the first one as there is not "Setup" files here just System files ect.. how do I install this into my PC?

Thanks for any advise you can offer

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Paul,

First check in device manager under 'Human Interface Devices' for the Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver. If its already there then it is already installed and you can carry on installing the others utilities in order.

1. If it is not there open device manager and check for devices that Windows 7 did not automatically install. Look for one either called 'Unknown Device' or something like 'Intel LPC Device' with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
2. If you find this then right click the device and choose 'Properties' and then find the 'Details' tab.
3. In the drop down box one of the items will be Hardware ID.
4. Choose this option and make sure that the hardware ID is SNY5001. Only if this ID matches you can now click the 'Drivers' tab and click to 'Install Driver' as normal.
5. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7. Select Have Disk....
8. Select Browse....
9. Browse to your back-up driver .inf file. (\\SFEP\SFEP.INF)
10. Next ..........
11. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".
12. Close & Re-Boot
13. If it works, pour yourself a big drink!
14. Install the other drivers in order.

Incidentally if you find a hardware ID SNY6001 you need to install the SPIC driver in the same way.

Good Luck.

:wink:

PaulCooke
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Just to give you an update - good news aswell

I found through device manager that the SFEP driver was already installed so I followed your instructions after that and everything is working now including the eject button. Thank you so much for your advice and for taking the time to help me out on this.

Best regards

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good News!

Thanks for the update Paul.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_CY.title
kardutto
Visitor

I have the same problem with my VGN-AR61E. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and i cant play any cd roms or music cds and the eject button wont work but i can eject by going into computer/devices.

Any suggestions please? I've searched the net for this without any luck.

My comp says all drivers are up to date and i cant find anywhere to download updates.

Thanks,

Karen