Join now - be part of our community!

Clicking noise, freezing, blue screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
bobloblaw
Visitor

Clicking noise, freezing, blue screen

I have a VPCEB2M0E vaio laptop that I bought from Amazon brand new a month ago and I have had a problem which has happened about four times in total.

There is a clicking noise that comes from inside the computer and the screen freezes and I either have to press control alt delete or hold down the power button manually to restart. This has only happened about three or less times since I've had it (but still shouldn't be happening?) and I guessed it was over heating so I now put I it on top of a flat box to get air to it when using it.

However, today it did the same clicking beeping noise and froze but this time it came up with a blue screen with writing on it and then restarted but then came up with a black screen which said 'no operating system found' so I had to restart it again through the power button.

Everything was fine until randomly later on today it froze and did the clicking beeping sound but this time it was a fast clicking sound and I had to manually restart.

Sorry for the over long post but this is quite alarming considering I have only had it for a month and saved up to buy it (I'm a student) and I read somewhere that this could mean the hard drive is about to break.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It does sound like a hard drive fault.  It sounds like some sectors are damaged.

I think it will need a repair so I would phone Vaio Support for advice on the next steps.  They may ask you to try a full Recovery of the System back to factory settings which will format the drive and all data will be lost.  Make sure all your important files are backed up just in case.

Go here and enter your Serial Number: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/cer.aspx?m=VPCEB2M0E_WI&l=en_GB

VAIO-Serial.png

Choose Telephone Support.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
bobloblaw
Visitor

Thanks. This is so <profanity removed by moderator> :slight_frown: I don't have enough credit on my phone to ring them so I'm going to have to get my Dad to do it or something and I stupidly didn't bring my external hard drive with me to uni so I'm trying to get that sent out ASAP.

How long do you reckon repairs usually take? There is not nearly enough computers at uni I can never get one that's free and I've got assignments due in soon =|

I'm terrified that it's not going to start up or something the next time I turn it on before I can get the hard drive.

Thanks again for replying