Join now - be part of our community!

Modem not working on VPCS12V9E 3g vodafone

profile.country.en_GB.title
willjones76
Visitor

Modem not working on VPCS12V9E 3g vodafone

Hi

I recently purchased a VPCS12V9E and am having issues getting the internal 3g modem working on it.

I have a 3g sim from Vodafone and have inserted it.

When I use the supplied webtogo software it just says "no device found".

When I use the latest vodafone software it sees the modem, but it wont let me click the "enabled" checkbox.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the drivers and all software. I have restarted the modem in control panel.

I've run out of ideas! ANy suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Will

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Will,

Have you turned the WWAN on in Vaio Smart Network?

WWAN.jpg

There is a Sony Tutorial for your model here: -

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=51144&l=en_GB&m=VPCS...

It goes through the activation process in detail.

:wink:

willjones76
Visitor

Yes its switched on in Vaio Smart Netwrok.

Interstingly though, if I switch it off there, it wil not allow me to switch it on again. A very similar symptom to what I see in the vodafone software.

Yes I followed that tutorial. Notice this text in it:

If your VAIO comes preinstalled with WebToGo® OneClick Internet, you can use this generic connection manager with any SIM card from any mobile operator. Alternatively, you can use the Windows 7 Network Connections to set up your WWAN connection.

I have already described that "When I use the supplied webtogo software it just says "no device found"."

If I use the windows 7 connection device I get the error "Eror 678"

Its like al the software doesnt accept that the modem is installed and working somehow

Wil

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hmm ... Seems a bit of a mystery.

Is it a brand new sim card?  Has it worked before?

I noticed this other question: -

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/545238#545238

:thinking:

willjones76
Visitor

Sim has worked for 12 months in its dongle and in the internal slot in my previous Samsung.

I don't think its a SIM issue - the software is having issues switching on, or identifying the modem.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I guess it is time to contact Vaio Support to see if they can check if the modem is faulty.

:slight_frown: