Join now - be part of our community!

Constant re-dimming of the screen... (SZ2XP)

Constant re-dimming of the screen... (SZ2XP)

30% of the time when I turn my laptop on (on mains power) the screen dims form level 9 down to 2 or 3 for no reason I can see. This happens every 30-60 secs and I almost want to hit the screen...!

It is Sooooooo fustrating.

I hvae tried extensive fidling with the power management properties including turning off ALL power management but still with no avail. Does any one have any really clever ideas or suggestion please??

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
farzinfar
Visitor

God bless you! :cry: I have the same problem. Not only the same problem but also every time I switch between battery and main mode, the same thing happens even though I set the brightness for the battery mode on level 9 (the brightest one). The only way it doesn't lower the level to 2 or 3 is that every time I want to change the power (from battery to main or vise versa) I should reboot the computer which of course is very time consuming. I tired support but no luck. Please let me know if you find any solution for it. Many thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Some of the screens have have sensor which checks what level to put the screen on.

This can also happen if you've booted up in battery mode and now using mains the next boot, but it usually goes back to normal once you reach Windows desktop

farzinfar
Visitor

Thanks for the feedback. But I never boot in battery mode. I always boot with main but I use Hibernate to switch off the laptop. Now I realise I have another serious problem and that is the small icons in task bar (some of them like "remove hardware") vanish. Even though I have an external USB harddrive or other hardware plugged in the little green arrow icon is not there so I can't stop the driever to remove the hardware. I go to the task bar setting and I find the remove hardware icon is in the past items section. Even if I change its setting to "always show" it doesn't come up in the task bar. Any idea here please?

Regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This might help