Join now - be part of our community!

Corel WinDVD BD 2010 doesn't play blu-ray

profile.country.en_GB.title
dflitton1
Visitor

Corel WinDVD BD 2010 doesn't play blu-ray

Hi, I've recently bought a new VAIO VPCF135CE which came with a blu-ray DVD writer and the Corel WinDVD BD 2010 software.  I have windows 7 (64bit) and can play ordinary DVDs fine, but I don't seem to be able to play blu-ray at all.  The disc starts spinning and, with some blu-ray discs, I get some visuals of the start menu, trailers playing correctly or audio only, but none seem to be able to disply the proper top menu to allow me to select features or play the movies.

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.  I'm a Sony newbie and, while most other functions seem to work ok (except that my left touchpad button has now stopped working!) I paid extra to get a blu-ray player and full HD format, so am getting frustrated at not being able to use this.

I've also tried playback with free VLC and DA players and with a trial version of ArcSoft Theatre 5, but still no luck - so I'm thinking this may be a blu-ray/windows 7 compatibility issue.

If this is the case, any idea where I stand with getting a full refund from Sony if they've supplied me with an incompatible set of hardware/software!

Dave

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
astrospark
Visitor

I have also experienced a similar issue recently. I have a VPCF11C5E which has the Matshita DB-MLT UJ240AS drive. The device reports it is running version 1.10 of the firmware and I have WinDVD DB 10.0.5.538 installed.

I tried to play the "Sorcerers Apprentice" and like dflitton1 the disk plays a start menu and trailers but is unable to play the file or access the "top menu".  I played the disk in a dedicated blu-ray player and experienced no issues.

This is frustrating and I would expect more frequent firmware updates or WinDVD BD updates if structure and features of recent disk releases require it, This seems to happen regularly for our dedicated blu-ray player.

If anyone has any ideas how this can be resolved it would be much appreciated.

Message was edited by: astrospark

Message was edited by: astrospark