profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

FE41M clean install win7 - need driver for memory card slot / webcam

Just carried out clean install of 64bit Win7 Ultimate on my Vaio FE41M

Two problems

Can find driver that enables my memory card /sd slot to work

Device driver shows yellow exclamation mark under Mass Storage Driver

Went to Sony website downloaded the driver from the Vista 64 bit drivers (Ricoh Texas instrument) but cant get it to load

How do i install a driver that doesnt have an exe file since files downloaded are dll and sys extensions ?

Secondly downloaded the Camera Capture Utility program and the updated driver but when i load the Camera Utility software i just get a blue screen where the webcam image should be and message "no input"

Any idea how i get the webcam to work

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

OK I've had a quick look.

The 64-bit camera driver can be installed by downloading the Original Drivers Package for the VGN-FE41M .  When the .ZIP file is downloaded, right-click on this .ZIP file and choose "Extract All".  Extract the Driver files to where you can find them.

When you open the VCC4 Camera Driver you will see TWO .EXE files.  Make sure you run the 64-bit version DPInst64.EXE by double-clicking on it.

You will need to use the 64-bit driver for the Texas Instruments Memory Card slot from the link I gave you above.  You need to install EP0000140007.zip from that list.  Again you will need to 'Extract All' from the .ZIP file.

Incidentally, not that it matters, when I look into the original 32-bit driver for TI Memory Card it does have an .INF file - I am not sure which driver you were looking at?

MemoryCard.jpg

Good Luck!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If the driver file does not have a setup .EXE to run, you will have to install the driver from within Device Manager.

1. Find the uninstalled device in Device Manager and double-click on it.

2. Go to Driver Tab and select Update Driver.

3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.

4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

5. Select Have Disk....

6. Select Browse....

7. Browse to the folder with the downloaded driver .INF file in it.

8. Next ..........

9. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".

10. Close & Re-Boot

Which camera driver have you installed?

:thinking:

peshyxp
Visitor

I have installed the camera driver that is on the original drivers / utilities zip file for my model (FE41M) on Sonys website

However on opening the files within the folder there isnt a file with an .INF extension and only DLL and SYS files........this is the bit that confuses me!!

How do I therefore install these files or are these the wrong files???

I have tried installing the files by directing the hardware appplication from device manager to this folder location but update fails, I assume because there is no exe or ini file?

Any further assistance is appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you have installed Windows 7 64-bit then you must have 64-bit drivers - the 32-bit drivers on the support page for your Vaio will not work.

I am not sure there is a 64-bit camera driver - I will have a look if I have some time later.

Similarly, you will need to find the Texas Instruments Memory Card Driver from a 64-bit Vaio model.

Sony do not support 64-bit on the FE-Series but they have released several beta 64-bit drivers which you can find here: -

http://www.vaio-link.com/os/vista/64bit/

Have a look for 64-bit drivers for the TI memory card for your model.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

OK I've had a quick look.

The 64-bit camera driver can be installed by downloading the Original Drivers Package for the VGN-FE41M .  When the .ZIP file is downloaded, right-click on this .ZIP file and choose "Extract All".  Extract the Driver files to where you can find them.

When you open the VCC4 Camera Driver you will see TWO .EXE files.  Make sure you run the 64-bit version DPInst64.EXE by double-clicking on it.

You will need to use the 64-bit driver for the Texas Instruments Memory Card slot from the link I gave you above.  You need to install EP0000140007.zip from that list.  Again you will need to 'Extract All' from the .ZIP file.

Incidentally, not that it matters, when I look into the original 32-bit driver for TI Memory Card it does have an .INF file - I am not sure which driver you were looking at?

MemoryCard.jpg

Good Luck!!

peshyxp
Visitor

Fantastic

After numerous misses finally got a hit

Thanks for the clear advice Blencogo it worked a treat

Well chuffed got them both to work

Why or why do Sony make an industry out of this!

However i know where to come for again for professsional advice

Many thanks again Blencogo