Join now - be part of our community!

Graphic's card change in a VGN-A297XP laptop

unizar2000
Visitor

Graphic's card change in a VGN-A297XP laptop

Hey guys
I've been reading posts about changing the graphics card and I've seen they've been coming soldered onto the motherboard, so I don't know which moment they started to be fitted on PCI slots. If someone has info about this model, I'll be so pleased to know it.
If not, I'll open my laptop and see directly how it fits and if it can be unsoldered with care in that case. It can't be impossible to upgrade this essential hardware, though sony wants to make us think it.

It's an Ati Mobility Radeon 7400 64mb. thanks!

unizar2000@hotmail.com

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi unizar2000 and welcome to the forum.

Your graphics card is part of the motherboard and therefore not easily removed/upgraded; a DIY solution could possibly render your notebook unusable. I would forget this and upgrade your notebook if this is a major problem.:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
apierc1
Visitor

You can buy a creative soundcard for laptops, An, fits into the credit card like slot. I have one.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You can buy a creative soundcard for laptops, An, fits into the credit card like slot. I have one.

I may be missing something here but I thought the question was about upgrading the graphics card – not the sound card
:thinking:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
apierc1
Visitor

No you're right rich, I have totally miss read that, thats my dyslexia for you :smileyblush:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Dyslexia Rules - KO !

:smileyd_oh:

unizar2000
Visitor

Your graphics card is part of the motherboard and therefore not easily removed/upgraded; a DIY solution could possibly render your notebook unusable. I would forget this and upgrade your notebook if this is a major problem.:smileysad:

uhm......................................... so depressive, having spent 2.700E one year and a half ago :angry: so i'll have to take finally some ps3 to relieve this sadness......................... :kissing: :kissing: :kissing: :kissing:

Nevertheless, it won't be the same without the x-black............. so anyhow I'll open the laptop and study the situation............ pray 4me:smileypraying:

*** apierc1........................................... intention counts..... :rose: eheheheh thx rich

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you're a big gamer you should consider buying a cube, so if you want to play it elsewhere just hook the shuttle to a TV