Join now - be part of our community!

Hard drive upgrade for my VGNTT11WN

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
acjones100
Visitor

Hard drive upgrade for my VGNTT11WN

I'm Looking to upgrade my VGN-TT11WN laptop hard drive to a larger SSD, but I cant find anywhere, the physical size of drive and interface I need to buy.

I believe I'm looking for a 1.8"  SATA SSD, but would like it confirmed before I splash out on the new drive.

any help would be much appreciated

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi acjones100.

You are right - you will need a 1.8" SATA SSD but check the connectors before buying as there is more than one interface connection on 1.8" drives.

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
mithcd
Visitor

Hi. Looking at the specs, this notebook is a SATA HDD, I don't think SSD will be compatible here. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-TT11WN_B/specifications

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi acjones100.

You are right - you will need a 1.8" SATA SSD but check the connectors before buying as there is more than one interface connection on 1.8" drives.

:wink:

profile.country.en_IE.title
joj006
Visitor

Hi - I have just replaced the Toshiba 1.8inch HDD on my Vaio VGN-TT11WN with a Kingston 256GB 1.8 SSD (costly!) and it fitted perfectly and has worked perfectly, with the system restored to it OK. During the restore process it even gave me an option "did I want to restore to the original size (160GB) or use the whole of the new drive"

The computer now boots up about 5 times faster than before. Someone advised me that an SSD may not last as long as expected unless page file swap is disabled and disk indexing disabled. I am not sure about how important this is though. I wonder if someone can confirm this? I have added 2GB in the spare slot to try to minimise page file swapping in the meantime.

Hope this helps...John