Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI problem: Nvidia driver issue?

VaioNuvolari
Visitor

HDMI problem: Nvidia driver issue?

I'm getting troubles with the HDMI connection of my AR31S which I do not remember to have in the past.

- the TV plug in (thru the HDMI cable) works only if I've just rebooted the Vaio and only once! (I get this with both my HDMI cables)

"once" means that if I reboot the machine the plug in works, but if I disconnect and reconnect the cable it does not work anymore! It's very annoying, especially because I do not use to completely turn off the machine, I use suspension. :slight_frown:

Anyone experiencing this? :thinking: Any solution?

May it be related to the recent installation of Nvidia drivers I did through Windows Update?
I cannot try to restore the previous driver, not even through the "recent updates panel"; could I try to reinstall an old one? How to do and which driver should I use? If this is not just senseless...

These are the info of my system about:

Hope someone can help, thank you
Paolo

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

I too have had similar problems now and again, but have not recently updated the Nvidia drivers.

Insted of rebooting the pc I have found that most of the time turning the television off then on again works. Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.

VaioNuvolari
Visitor

Insted of rebooting the pc I have found that most of the time turning the television off then on again works. 

it seems not working for me :slight_frown:
Which release of Nvidia drivers have you on?