Join now - be part of our community!

Heat Problem

scouse1
Visitor

Heat Problem

I have just bought the VGN-S3HP and i may have to send it back, reason the right hand side underneath seems to get hot?

Does anyone know if this is this is normal.

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

read >my < post in this thread.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Another member of the forum reported the same thing.

ant1uk
Visitor

hi there i have the same model as this and i am a bit worried about the amount of heat that comes from under the right side of the unit, i have contacted sony they recon its ok but im still a bit worried about it because i have never know a unit to get this hot,

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yeah, mee too. And Sony says only that's normal. But I say it's a faulty construction.:smileysad:

MikeL
Visitor

hi there i have the same model as this and i am a bit worried about the amount of heat that comes from under the right side of the unit, i have contacted sony they recon its ok but im still a bit  worried about it because i have never know a unit to get  this hot,

I have the same Model, whilst it is very hot, its my understanding that many laptops run hot. We will just have to wait and see if we start having problems as a consequence.

ant1uk
Visitor

i got mine two weeks ago, there has been more and more people complaining about the heat from the right side of the bottom. i dont use it on my lap no more because the first time i used it on my lap i got red marks on my legs from the heat, i brought a glass plate to sit on the floor, this is stupid i have had to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah, mee too. And Sony says only that's normal. But I say it's a faulty construction.:smileysad:

I agree, it's not normal to me!

Eugenepang
Visitor

how hot do they get to?... had anyone tested it with a thermometer? :thinking:

Jay1
Visitor

this model must be a pentium 6 or something to get this hot. how is the heat under battery mode. they should not get tht hot that u get red marks. need to measure the temp. i am guessing that the temp for the CPU and HDD are normal????