Join now - be part of our community!

Heat Problem

scouse1
Visitor

Heat Problem

I have just bought the VGN-S3HP and i may have to send it back, reason the right hand side underneath seems to get hot?

Does anyone know if this is this is normal.

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, 100 degrees are possible with a Pentium Centrino.

ant1uk
Visitor

the running temp of the cpu is 57 degrees which is ok because the critical is 100 degrees, i used mobile-meter someone on here told me to use, is that acurate?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

57 is good - it's standard

Jay1
Visitor

thts ok if it not the HDD then sony made another crap thermal system the laptop to me it looks like they are crap at designing the system for cooling for the laptop

kee-lo_

The problem is Jay they don't think about how they do it so they make large holes and dust naturally gets into them, clogs it and then they wonder why people call VL

Eugenepang
Visitor

i think they should come up with some kind of filter system...

Jay1
Visitor

for laptop only, the way i see it now is that they think more about looks then how the laptop works. to tell u the thruth how the laptop works is more important then looks

kee-lo_

for laptop only, the way i see it now is that they think more about looks then how the laptop works. to tell u the thruth how the laptop works is more important then looks

Totally agree Jay,
looks silly if you're in a meeting with a stylish laptop, but it keeps BSODing!

Jay1
Visitor

LOL :laughing:

lets say u where in a meeting and then someone turns on the Vaio. then someine says is the a bee in this room. where is that buzzing noise coming from. then they realize it is ur laptop lol

Lets say some drops the laptop as it is too hot on one side lol

lets say your cddvd drive stop working in the meeting lol

Now think what it would be like when u giv it to sony to repair.

any answers ??

Foxhound
Visitor

I have the model prior to the S3HP, the S2XP. It does indeed get very hot on the right side if you use the CPU at full Speed for a long time. My solution for it was to but the CPU control to "adaptive". It can be done in the VAIO POWER MANAGEMENT VIEWER. This makes the cpu run at 600Mhz (In my case) when you are just using Explorer, Word and other applications not in need of heavy processing power. Since it is adaptive it will kick in high speed when needed automatically. Like for instance playing games, rendering video's. This will make the right side of the laptop not as hot.
As for the noise, it can't be helped the machine is just noisy.
It is kind of annoying in quiet area's.