Join now - be part of our community!

Help with AR21S

Indy89
Visitor

Help with AR21S

I have a slight problem with my Sony Vaio AR21S would appreciate some help. If my Vaio is plugged into the mains using the power pack that was supplied one of two things happen it either gets stuck in a reboot loop or it gets so far in loading up Windows and then freezes and the screen slowly turns grey until its 100% grey. However if I boot it up with the battery and remove it from the mains then all is fine the laptop runs perfectly. Its still got the pre installed XP MCE 2005 on. Is it safe to say that its the power pack which has gone faulty or could there be something wrong with the laptop itself? Just don't fancy spending £90 on a new power pack to find it does nothing to solve the issue. Also the laptop is out of warranty now should there be something wrong with the laptop itself will Sony still take it but obviously at a charge for repairs? Thanks for any advice/help much appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2
Indy89
Visitor

Anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Indy89,

A simple way to check if this is a charger or possible hardware problem is to take your Vaio to a local stockist and ask if you can try another AR's charger in your Vaio..