Join now - be part of our community!

High Definition TV Monitors for Vaio VGN-AR21S

prbureau
Visitor

High Definition TV Monitors for Vaio VGN-AR21S

Hi
I have the Vaio VGN AR21S notebook machine with Windows XP entertainments edition. It has a HDM output. I would like to connect up a large HD TV monitor around 48 inches. I was intending to use one large monitor primarily for work to enable me to have numerous computer applications open at the same time and on the screen instead of using several small PC monitors. It would also be great to use the TV monitor for watching DVD´s but this is not the main aim.

What I would like to know is

1. will a large LCD High definition TV screen be suitable for computer applications viewing and would they give as crisp an appearance as a regular LCD computer monitor?

2. Is there a list of ´large TV monitors that are compatible with the Vaio VGN AR21S or how can I find out which monitors are compatible with this Vaio?

3. If there is not answer to Q2 above what specificiations are required on the TV monitor to ensure it is compatible with my Vaio laptop?

Thanks

JohnB

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi John,

I've been through this lately myself, so I hope this does help a bit.

1) I find it's pretty good font wise and colours, but then again I was dealing with a plasma. Go to retail stores like PC World, John Lewis and independants, they usually demonstrate LCDs running desktops.

2) No there isn't, but if it has HDMI input then it should be OK. Make sure it runs at the refresh rate you want, idealy 70Hz as it's not bad.

Shop around - and make a note of model numbers to do a pricerunner.com search when you get home.

prbureau
Visitor

Thanks Kee-Lo will pop down to the local PC world and see what they have to offer.

thanks for you help

John