Join now - be part of our community!

How to reinstall Office Starter 2010

profile.country.GB.title
Steve52
New

How to reinstall Office Starter 2010

While trying to open a MS Word document on my Vaio laptop this morning the message "cannot be opened" was displayed. I checked several websites, including Sony, about this and they all had the same solution. Basically uninstall MS Office Starter 2010 - English, then reinstall MS Office 2010. This should display a MS Office screen with 3 options, I already purchased Office 2010; Go online to purchase Office 2010; and Use Office starter 2010 which is the one to select. Unfortunately on the screen displayed on my laptop the 3rd option is to Try Office for a limited time.

Can anyone please help me reinstall MS Office 2010 so that I can access my MS Word and Excel documents. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Steve52, I don't think that this is a Sony issue, it's related to MS. I would post my question on their channels.

profile.country.GB.title
Steve52
New

Hi Hannah,

I have reported this on a MS forum but the reply from them was that it was a Sony issue because Office starter 2010 was preinstalled on my Vaio laptop by Sony and was never sold by MS as a retail product. 

I'm therefore stuck in the middle with no help from Sony or MS.

Steve

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It could also be a licensing issue, perhaps you should ask "someone" ("friends") for help who can install you a limited version of Office 2010 if you really don't want to upgrade.