Join now - be part of our community!

How to replace motherboard of my Sony Notebook

profile.country.en_GB.title
chinadoll8888
Visitor

How to replace motherboard of my Sony Notebook

My one year old Sony notebook was rendered useless after liquid (soup) was poured into it inadvertently.  The liquid entered through the power cable connection point (back R of the machine) and other than that, did no damage to any other part of the computer (ie the battery chamber, the screen, keyboard and underside of the computer were untouched - the notebook was in a protective case, which did get quite wet however.  I have replaced it with another model, slightly bigger, with an integrated disk drive.  It is a VPCSB.  I do want to keep the original notebook though as it is so light and easy to carry when travelling.  (I am now on my 4th Sony notebook in 6 years.  They have all been wonderful).  Thank you for any direction or contacts you can give me.  I live in the UK.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chinadoll8888 and welcome.

What model is the original notebook?  Presumably a Y or X Series if it has no DVD Drive?

Getting a replacement motherboard may be your biggest problem.  You may need to contact one of Sony's Service Partners in the UK but they don't usually sell parts.

:thinking: